Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Underworld Soundtrack

Another cheap score from Cash Converters. I'd idly admired the tracklist a couple of times because there are some really good bands listed there, but was turned off by the 'soundtrack for a shitty action movie' factor. However I needn't have worried, the record has been compiled by Danny Lohner, who played bass for Nine Inch Nails and A Perfect Circle, and he seems to have pretty good taste in music as well as being a good composer himself.

I already have a few of these tracks on other albums, such as the A Perfect Circle remixes and Dillinger Escape Plan's brilliant 'Baby's First Coffin', but there are plenty of other worthwhile songs on here such as a new Skinny Puppy track 'Optimissed' and a song by The Icarus Line, who I've been meaning to check out for a while.

Danny Lohner's soundtrack compositions are good too, and the album is rounded out by a few nice ballads from female singers. I was surprised by how good this album is, I believe Danny Lohner is in charge of the sequel's soundtrack too so hopefully it's good as well, although I'm still not going to see the movie...

No comments: