Friday, August 27, 2004

Music! White Rabbit!

OK, just a quick post before I go and find somewhere to get drunk. More capsule reviews, this time of CDs I've bought recently.

Brown Sabbath - Deja Voodoo: A whole album of half arsed joke songs from the shittest band in New Zealand. Worth every cent.

The Book of Horizons - Secret Chiefs 3: weird and interesting, but I haven't listened to it much yet.

Chasing the Ghost - Collide: Excellent to start with, but gets a bit repetitive by the end. Gets bonus points for having a cover of White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.

Contraband - Velvet Revolver: Slowly growing on me. Slash is one of the few guitarists who can play an appealing wank solo.

Horse Rotorvator - Coil: One of their crazy early albums, very good. Gets bonus points for having a cover of Who By Fire by Leonard Cohen.

The Greater Wrong of the Right - Skinny Puppy: Their comeback album, after a ten year absence, and it's pretty fucking awesome. I might write a full review of it later.

OK, the lure of alcohol compels me. I will post more tomorrow.

No comments: