Monday, August 30, 2004

Politics

I didn't think I was going to be making any posts about politics here, but I guess that was a bit foolish of me, since now that I think about it, it was the Destiny Church anti-gay rally in Wellington last week that spurred me to start this blog in the first place. Anyway, just a few things that caught my eye today.

(Both links via NZPundit )

The Greens seem to think that Australia actually spending money on defense (unlike some pacific nations I could think of) makes them American lapdogs. Seems to me that not relying on other countries to defend you would make you less dependent on your allies.

Marion Hobbs is all happy tree friends with the Iranians , which is good, but our governments somewhat limp attitude towards their nuclear program seems a little inconsistent with the whole nuclear free policy. Are nuclear weapons only bad when the Americans have them?


No comments: