Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Election Special #3: Why I Hate the Centrists, Nutjobs and Miscellania

There's a bunch of random parties that even with my arbitrary categorisations can't really be classed as left or right wing, and we'll look at them today.

99 MP Party

Are you kidding? People actually think this is an important enough issue to start a party about?

Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party

All right! At last I've found a party whose policies I completely agree with! Of course that's easy when they only have one, but hey, I think my decision is pretty much between these guys or Labour.

United Future

More social conservatives, pretty much like Jim Anderton's party but without any of the few mitigating good points. Not a chance Pete.

New Zealand First

Well I'm not old, racist or stupid, so there's no way I'm voting for these guys. It looks like Winston might both lose the Tauranga seat and not make the 5% threshold either so if we're lucky we'll finally be rid of this idiot after this election.

So after all that it looks like I basically am going to have to make a decision between Legalise Cannabis or Labour. Legalise Cannabis are a bit of a protest vote and not much more but I'm tempted to go that way at the moment. Tomorrow I'll explain the problem I have with voting for Labour (which also applies to National).

No comments: