Wednesday, February 02, 2005

FAWM Day 2

Still haven't succeeded in registering, but I just emailed them so hopefully that will help.

Took a look at what other people have already done at the fawm website, and am now a little concerned that all these folky pop/rock people might not be the best audience for what I'm doing, but never mind.

Their suggestion for this week is to write something in a weird time signature. That's convenient, because the influence of Dillinger Escape Plan has made 'I Only Like Sad Songs' come out in a pretty bizarre rhythm. In fact, it's almost completely inconsistent, so maybe I should try and do something else similar but a little more structured later on this week.

Speaking of which, that song is pretty much finished, and my new sound card arrives tomorrow so I'll be able to start recording it then. I've got two other songs on the go now too, currently called 'Acousticy song' and 'Blues song', which are a lot mellower than the first one I wrote. They need some lyrics though, hopefully I'll get some inspiration tomorrow.

No comments: