Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Gollum Blues

Every now and again I go to write a post about something I've bought and find that I don't really have much to say, but I feel like I should write something anyway, as a record of everything I've read, watched or listened to this year. The Jackass post yesterday fits into this category, and so does this one.

Led Zeppelin - Remasters

This is more or less their definitive greatest hits collection, and if you don't already know what to expect from it, then you're a bad person. Although I have to admit, there were a few tracks on here that caused me to exclaim "I didn't know this was their song!".

Two and a half hours of these guys is probably a bit much for me, and I suspect I might have been better off getting 'How the West Was Won' instead, because I think they were probably an excellent live band. Also the Lord of the Rings inspired lyrics seem kind of dorky, although I guess when they were written LotR was a bit more 'alternative' than it is now.

No comments: