Tuesday, February 01, 2005

FAWM Day One

Well the FAWM.org website won't let me register, and it still hasn't officially started in the US because of time zone differences, but I'm starting anyway dammit.

Good start I guess, even though I had a nasty headache this afternoon and didn't work on it for as long as I could've. Got two good ideas for songs and began developing them, the current working titles are 'I Only Like Sad Songs' and 'Acousticy Song'. One of those titles is sarcastic...

I'm also looking at getting a badass sound card (probably Audigy2, I want a DMX but I don't think it's worth the hassle of importing it), and some decent composition software, any recommendations?

1 comment:

Joel said...

Really depends what sort of music you are trying to create, although you could be a masochist and try to make software do things it isn't very good for...

I suggest Cubase SX 2, cause I use that and like it. Good for recording etc, and it hooks up to almost anything (including other composition software).

I'm guessing you shant be creating "dance" music, so scrap Reason and maybe fruityloops, although fruityloops is so damn simple that it might be worth using - it's not impossible to get a natural sounding song.

This is just my limited experience though. I might actually try this venture myself...