Thursday, January 27, 2005

BDO 05 - What Those Other Dicks Are Saying

Well I thought I'd finished on this subject, but there's just one or two more things:

Most Popular Band T-Shirt:
A Perfect Circle (but replaced by Slipknot later on in the day, presumably lots of people bought shirts during the day).
Runner-up: Slayer

So I've read a few posts by other kiwi bloggers on the big day out, and man do they sound like a bunch of crotchety old geeks who've been stuck behind their computers for too long.

Russell Brown is cool and down with the kids when it comes to herbal highs, but is shocked and dismayed by how many people got sunburned?!?! When will they learn?!?!

Also on public address, Graham Reid is disgusted with having to rub shoulders with filthy Slipknot fans. At the end he even goes so far as to compare them with National supporters. Has he no shame?

I had a few other offenders in mind (as well as that guy from stuff who I mentioned yesterday), but a little more research finds some other people who were positive about it, including The Whig, (who normally gives me fits when I read him), even if his musical tastes cause me to wrinkle my nose in disdain.

No comments: