Monday, January 03, 2005

Best of 2004 - Part 1

So I just realised that all sorts of other blogs were doing end of year round ups a couple of weeks ago. It never made sense to me to do these things until the beginning of the new year, I mean, what if something really cool came out on Dec 31? Anyway, for this reason I figure the 3rd is as good a date as ever to do my own one of these things. I'll do a music one today, and hopefully I'll follow it up with a games one in a day or two.

Best Albums (in no particular order):
Jordan Reyne - Passenger
Einsturzende Neubauten - Perpetuum Mobile
Skinny Puppy - The Greater Wrong of the Right
Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Slipknot - The Subliminal Verses

Best Concert:
A Perfect Circle
Runner Up - Muse

Biggest Disappointment:
Rammstein - Reise Reise

Most Obnoxious Song:
Hoobastank - The Reason

Honorable Mentions:
Green Day - American Idiot
Maroon 5 - All their shit
Op-shop, Eight - All their shit too
Incubus - Talk Shows on Mute

(OK I could go on forever here...)

Most Unbelievably Overplayed Song:
U2 - Vertigo

Biggest Sellout From A Band That I Thought Was Too Shit To Even Be Able To Sell Out:
Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine

Trent Reznor Award For The Best Album That Was Supposed To Come Out But Didn't:
Trent Reznor, for both the new NIN album and Tapeworm

No comments: