Sunday, January 23, 2005

Big Day Out 2005 Photos

So these are the best of the photos I took on Friday. Start at the bottom and read up to get them in the right order. I think it was a better idea to take a digital camera and post the photos later rather than to try and live blog it.

It was actually a lot of fun! I felt like an entertainment journalist or something. I just wish I'd taken more photos of stuff other than the bands. There was also a bunch of stuff I missed out on photographing after Dimmer, because it was getting too dark. But never mind, I'll do it next year.

Things I really wish I'd photographed:
Examples of rampant female exhibitionism. Hot pants are in this summer, apparently.
Some of the crazy costumes.
The chick in the gigantic sombrero.
The guy who got vomited on in the Slipknot moshpit.
Stoned hippies dancing at Dimmer.
Kid606 (but I guess it would have been too dark in the dance tent anyway).
Slipknot getting the entire moshpit to sit down.

Check back tomorrow for a proper post with setlists, amusing anecdotes and mockery of Shihad.

No comments: