Sunday, January 30, 2005

But Next Time Billy - I'm Bringing the PLIERS!

The Complete Far Side - Gary Larson

The complete collection of every Far Side cartoon comes in two huge cloth bound volumes, and took me almost a month to read. Mike Kozlowski's got a review of it on his booklog, and there's not much else I have to add to that, except to reiterate what a nicely put together package this is. I really like the extra artwork on the slipcase.

My Dad owns most of the previous collections, and as a kid I probably read each of them dozens of times, so I was surprised how many cartoons there were that I didn't recognise. I guess they only put a selection in the earlier collections, so while this compilation might not be worth the exorbitant price you might pay for it at Whitcoulls, it's well worth what it'll cost you to order it off Amazon.

No comments: