Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Network TV Can Eat Me

So they've started showing Joss Whedon's show Firefly on TV3 at 11pm on Tuesdays. Firefly is the show he started just before Buffy and Angel finished, and it got canned after half a season. I managed to miss the first few episodes, because I was expecting it to show on a wednesday, but quite frankly, tv3 have fucked me off a bit here. I found it pretty annoying having to record Angel when they showed it at the same ungodly hour, and since Firefly will probably be out on DVD within a year, I feel little need to make an effort to watch it on TV.

It really annoys me that tv3 runs these shows so late. I figure they just say "These geeks will keep bugging us until we run this show, but we can get away with showing it in the middle of the night / on sunday afternoon / on friday night because none of them have lives and they'll be happy no matter what time it screens". And yet they have room for half a dozen home renovation shows every week at prime time...

No comments: